Thursday, August 12, 2010

Priyanka Chopra chosen to be National Ambassador of UNICEF


You all know that Priyanka Chopra does not needs any introduction. She is one of the rare combination of beauty with brains. Well, that's the reason why this beauty queen has been chosen as the National Ambassador of UNICEF, to promote the cause that really requires major attention in these times: promoting child rights and adolescence.

From hosting the latest season of the dare-devil television reality show ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi’, to being an ambassador for child rights, Priyanka Chopra is a woman who the former Miss World and Bollywood actress.

With this association, Priyanka joins the likes of Amitabh Bachchan and Sharmila Tagore, who too have been actively involved in supporting UNICEF's work for children in India and around the world.

Speaking about her involvement, Priyanka said “I am very honoured to formalise my association with UNICEF as their National Ambassador to help bring awareness for Child Rights and adolescence,” the signing ceremony in Delhi on 10th August, 2010. “Over the past few years, I have worked very closely with the team at UNICEF to bring awareness to a number of causes related to India’s young and I realised that there is so much more to be done. I hope that by lending my voice I can make a difference to their lives.”

You are just 'hoping', Priyanka, but, I am confident about YOU ! Carry on....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Privacy Policy - Hot Bollywood Copyright @ 2011 - Theme by duosmith.com